Thursday, June 19, 2014

6 Days until take-off

Black and White
     I wasn't kidding when I said that I had a lot of black and white clothes.  5 of the 6 skirts that I have are black and white.  Not to worry, the other one I have is all black.  It is true, I tried and tried to get something with color, but it never matched the look I wanted (who knew I had a look).  That is ok though I will be able to match nearly anything.
     So, on from frivolous matters.  I have six days until I leave.  Ya, I am a little nervous, but not as bad as I thought I would be by now.  In fact, that may be what is scaring me the most. I am more nervous  to get through customs, than I am to go on  the actual mission.  I hope that doesn't mean that I will be a bad missionary.  No worries though, I am sure that I will get nervous here soon.
     Prep has been a little scary, pack this, forget that, look for this and that.  I am starting to feel better now though.  The Church has put together a site to help track your progress.  Let's just say I really wanted to see 100% complete for the last little while.  Well I can finally look and see 100% complete. I finally finished my scripture reading (well, I guess not finished-there will be a whole lot more of that soon to come), and now have read through preach my gospel and some of the associated scriptures.  I know that it sounds silly, but being able to look at that monitor and see the words COMPLETE just warms my heart.  So, now I am trying to get in some more Spanish practice, maybe read through the child's version to get the scriptures really down, and get myself on the missionary schedule.  Tomorrow morning, here I come!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment