New Year. New resolutions. New things to do. It is an exciting time for me. All but 5 days of this entire year will be dedicated to being a full-time missionary. It really is crazy to think about. But as I have crazily been thinking about it, I get overwhelmed. I feel as if I only have this year to become what I need to be, and then it is over. Well, luckily, I am slowly realizing that is not the case, but this year is a year that I devote completely to the Lord. And what better time to become what the Lord wants you to become than when you are serving Him full time. Anyway, goal setting, reflecting, teaching, heart to hearts, and make-up.
I know what you are thinking. What? Make-up? It is true. So call me over the top, but in the missionary dress and grooming it has make-up suggestions. Ok. So I get the hint. Sometimes it is good to wear a little make-up, so usually I wear some. Yes, I know. What a shocker, but today my companion helped me pick out my color for foundation. I don't know how many years it has been since I have worn foundation. Anyway, I need something. So there is part of the new me. (We will see how long that one lasts.)
So, this year I have thought about a lot of goals. I was talking with an investigator about goals and she said that she wanted to come closer to God this year and get married to her boyfriend. So, we asked her how she was going to do that, while also suggesting that the Book of Mormon helps us with that. She said she wanted to read the Book of Mormon and the Bible this year. So, hey, I am all about helping, and I wanted to focus more on the Book of Mormon, so natually the words popped out, "OK! So let's read it together in 2 months!" Oooops. Well, at least she was thinking, and she said that 6 months would be better for her. Then she would have 6 months to read the Bible, too. So we are on our reading spree - reading everyday - her in Spanish, and I started over in Spanish. One day, I will finish El Libro de Mormon. One day, I will make it all the way through before I start over. Anyway, I am pretty excited.
I have been doing a lot of reflecting this past week on what I did in the first 6 months of my mission, and what will happen in the next year.
I am out of time so I will write it in bullets:
- I went to Shelbyville. Yep, Dad served in Shelbyville. He served in Indiana, me in Kentucky, but, hey, Shelbyville.
- We got a rocking huge comfortable couch. It is sooooo great.
- I got my first migrane this week. What a miracle I have not had more. It was all good, though.
- We are preparing for one of our first baptisms!!!!!
- I am in a Spanish branch.
- I speak ok Spanish.
- I have started El Libro de Mormon a lot of times.
- I have learned that investigators have the ability to break my heart.
- I have an amazing family that I love a ton.
- All Black Dogs are named Galieth.
- Squirrels live everywhere.
- It rains in January
- If I think I learned it, I am wrong- aka- I don't know anything.
- The Atonement is real.
- This Church is amazing and I love you all a ton.
Hermana Gamett
No comments:
Post a Comment