OK,
So first off, I just want to say
thank you to everyone. Thank you for all of the packages and
letters. It really has made a great Christmas. It was a little odd
for Christmas. We could feel the excitement from other's, and it was
exciting at home, but it was different. I realized what is really
important in our lives - the church, our families, and the smell of Idaho (aka,
potatoes and pine needles) Thanks, Mom
and Grandmas.
So here is my week:
Monday: We had a mission wide party. We had
spiritual time with stories and some of the amazing talents here in the
GKLM. No worries, though. I didn't share any of my talents. I wanted others to have a chance. Haha!
However, my companion was asked to
teach the Hula for one of the games, so we practiced the hula, and now I could
almost pass for Hawaiian. Anyway, it was really, really fun. We
played lots of games, saw all of the missionaries in one place, and ,of course,
had amazing food. It was really amazing to be there with so many
missionaries. Singing the hymns was really powerful. What a force!
So, that day was amazing!
Tuesday: We had interviews with our Mission
President. Every other transfer, he talks with each missionary to make
sure that all is well with them. We also get trained by the APs.
That was really amazing, too. It is really nice to have people that
care.
Wednesday: A good, fun day. We taught some
lessons, but we also went to one of the members homes. Her food was
amazing. She feeds us every week, and I get so excited every week.
That night we went over to a family’s home. They made us so much
amazing food. They really watch out for us.
Thursday: We enjoyed a wonderful Christmas.
Hermana Magalei made this really amazing breakfast with rice and bacon, and
eggs, and seaweed. It was SO good! We did our morning routine, and
even made a little Christmas tree out of paper. Ok. She made it.
That day we went to a member’s
home. She fed us AMAZING food! She also was really fun to talk
to. It was at her house that we were able to skype. I have to say
that it was hard for me to skype home. It was something I was just fine
waiting for. I did not want it to be over. That may be why it
took me so long to get on. Anyway, it was so good to see everyone.
Everyone seemed so happy. It all went by so quickly. I couldn't
believe that it was over so soon. But, hey, it is all good. During
my skype visit I remembered the real reason I am out here.
I am not completely sure why I bore
my testimony in Spanish. I know nobody could understand me. Maybe that is
why. Nobody could understand me. However, when I bore it, I
remembered the reason I came here - the reason that I am serving.
For families. I will elaborate in a minute. Anyway, that was
really amazing.
Friday: Another great day.
Saturday and Sunday, too. Things really were
amazing this week. It was a good, fun, spiritual week all in
one. What a blessing.
Anyway, back to serving. So I
don't know if you all heard it or not, but I said a lot about families in my
testimony (aka familia.) I realized how cool it is to be in families
forever. I really don't have to worry about my family at home too much,
because we can be together forever. To be together forever, we need a
power higher than man’s law. We need
God's laws and God's authority, And
God's power to bind us forever is only in God's House, the Temple. I
understood that so clearly when I talked to you guys. (Now to add to that
story). About 6-8 weeks ago, we were talking to people and had someone
who was interested in hearing more about our message. For whatever
reason, we were out talking to people again and talked to another lady.
To our astonishment, that same guy came up and joined in on the
conversation. So, we started teaching them both. They were friends,
so it wasn't odd for us to catch them at the same time. So he came to
church, and she did one week too. She loved it. She talked
about how the message blessed her life in relief society. Anyway, more to
come. Pretty soon this lady's roommate moved out, and another one moved
in. She brought this friend to an activity. We will call the friend,
Jane. Anyway, somehow-don't ask me how-well I guess because God runs this
work, I asked about arroz con leche. And Jane knows how to make it!
Anyway, we ended up with an appointment to go and eat at her house. So we
went and had lunch, which was great! Long story shorter, Jane cried
during the restoration video, and we have been teaching her ever since.
Anyway, Jane has a boyfriend that was on his way, and he arrived this past
week. They are amazing together, and want to get married, and now he is
investigating the church. They have been together for a really long time,
and he wants a family. I can't really put into words what I see there,
but they really do love each other. It really is something amazing.
It is just really cool to know that they can be together forever. That is
why I am here. To tell people what potential they have, and what they can have
for their happy endings. Ok. So
that story was written really poorly, and I was pretty sure it had more to it,
but I can't remember right now. Anyway, she just holds a special spot in
my heart.
In other news. Hermana Magalei
and I have a great time here in Hikes. The Gospel is true. I can't
spell. My ability to write fluently is going out the window, and I love
you all a ton!
Happy new year!
Hermana Gamett
P.S. I got the hint from the
Christmas present that you want me to send more pictures!
The first one is of a lady who is great. Her mom said that she wanted to meet us because of me in this picture. I was in glasses and looked not so great, but, hey, it is something!
The second one is of all of my companions. Left to right- Hermana Hearne, ME, Hermana Porter, Hermana Magalei, and Hermana Butts.
SKYPING ON CHRISTMAS DAY

No comments:
Post a Comment