This week has been good, and bad, and all other randomness.
I did
get a new companion. She is from Hawaii and is the same age as me in the
mission. She is really kind, and really fun. She knows how to have
fun being a missionary, but while doing the work. It has been really
good.
I am learning a lot from her, too. We are learning a lot, and getting better, and everything has gone
really well for us so far. Hermana Mangalei is great!
So we are in a
Spanish Branch and with Spanish missionaries, and who would have guessed, we
speak Spanish! So, Hermana Hearne spoke pretty great Spanish. I
would have days where I could understand nearly everything, but, hey, it still
wasn't quite perfect. Well, then we went to transfer meeting. She
left. To be honest, I was a little nervous. I was given a new
companion. I was not quite sure what to do. O boy! We have had so much fun this
week. We are not even close to perfect, but we are a pretty ok
team. I feel like I can be myself around the
investigators. I am not super great at everything, and
it has been a little hard to execute, but it will be good. We are
trying to start everything working well. It has been good, it
is hard taking it bit by bit, and, to be honest, I need to show way more
confidence in myself. How can other people trust me if I can't?
Anyway, we have run into a few fun detours. We are at the
moment looking for a map. A paper map. Ya know, with the lines
and all. Guess what? There are not
any stores with a map. We even asked the mail man where to buy a
map. His reply was, “Well, I have mine on my smart phone.” (Why, thank you, mailman. We
don't have one of those right now.) So, as of right now, we are on a
hunt. Hopefully, we will succeed. Ok, so I tell you all of
this to get to the punch line that I forgot I was writing.
Anyway, my Spanish is so much better, almost overnight. I can
understand so much better, and I can speak so much more fluently. It has
been really cool to see the change. And, what I don't know, Hermana
Mangalei knows. In all seriousness, it has been really amazing. I really
dislike my weaknesses, but one day they will be strengths.
So, new things this week:
I am now the designated driver! I know the Lord is
blessing me there because the old me would have died driving
in Louisville, but the new me is doing quite well. No stress!
New
companion! Her birthday was this
week. One of our investigators cooked for us! That same investigator came to
church for the second time. We also moved her Baptismal date up nearly a
month. She asked us if baptism was all that she had to do as far as
ordinances, or if there was more. She also asked what she needed to
do before baptism. Well...that is when the crazy time comes in, when the
missionaries say, “We will teach it all later,” or “We will teach it all now.”
Well, we told her a few things. We briefly explained the word of wisdom
to her. She was good with all of it, but the alcohol surprised her a
little. When we started to explain she said that she knew
it was because you can lose control. We also explained the law of
Chastity. That was interesting! Her boyfriend is going to
be here next week so that was good timing. She said they were basically
married, but that it is expensive to get married there. However, we did
explain it and she seemed to understand. Then we bring out the 10
commandments. Wow!- Did we butcher
that one. We only had the Book of Mormon, and we couldn't
remember everything exactly in Spanish. Let's just say it was
interesting. Very interesting. Well, we did find it and found out that
she read it yesterday. She is basically amazing. She is so patient
with us when we struggle with doctrine or Spanish. I can't wait
for her baptism!!!
We also had a ward wedding
reception. That was fun too!
Good Luck and I love you all a ton!
Hermana Gamett
Hermana Gamett and Hermana Hearne
Hermana Mangalei and Hermana Gamett
No comments:
Post a Comment