Hola Todos,
Everything is going all right here in Hikes. We are having a grand old time.
In news for today... Hermana Hearne will be leaving me. We will depart manana a las 12:00. It is sad, but she will do great things wherever she goes. Also, it has been raining here the last few days. All is well, though. They say the snow will start to stick in January or February. It isn't too cold, yet, but it is just a little different. Dry and Humid cold are different. I wouldn't say that it is necessarily colder, just different.
We have been teaching some lessons this week. They have been good. We also had Elder Kapishca-of the 70 come in and give us a mini conference. It was really good and answered some of the questions that I had. Because of him, I will be a better missionary.
My Spanish is coming along. There are always those days that you understand basically everything (or at least you think that you do), and then there are those days that you can't even say the very basics. But the days of complete understanding and fluent talking are starting to happen more than 2 times a week, and that is exciting. It is great. Sometime, I have those bad days, and other Hermanas will have to help me out. Then the next day, we will be visiting with the same people, and I will just start going, and people will stop me in the middle and say," Wow! You do know some Spanish," or "Wow! You didn't say much the other night, but now you are talking." Yep, the life of a Spanish Missionary. I can't talk very much about clothes or hobbies, but I can tell you everything you want to know about, "The Restoration", "The plan of Salvation", "The gospel of Jesus Christ", " The word of wisdom", or "food". It is great!
Also, an update on my amazing spelling skills! They are getting oh- so- much better. In Spanish everything sounds exactly how it is spelled- so now all I have to do is ask my companion how to spell words like straight, and meet, and all those other hard words that my 4th grade brother can spell. Yep, I am rocking it!
In all seriousness, everything is going pretty well. I am learning and growing a ton. And I finally feel like I am starting to become that person that God intends for me to be. I still have a super long way to go, but at least I am seeing progress. Yes, progress!
Each transfer brings something new to the table. I have had a special lesson to learn with every one. Usually multiple lessons to learn, but every trial is for your good, and I can feel myself get just a little bit stronger with every one. I guess that is a blessing with speaking Spanish, too. I really get to see improvement every transfer. Not that I don't improve every transfer in other things too, but I guess starting near the bottom in Spanish helps out.
Anyway, it is going well. I love you all so much. Give my puppy a big hug, too.
Also tell Grandpa that I love him, and give him a hug for me.
Tell everyone, Merry Christmas! I love you all a ton, and I hope that it all goes well.
Love and miss you all,
Hermana Gamett
CURRENT ADDRESS:
Hermana Heather Gamett
2308 Hikes Lane Apt. G-52
Louisville, KY 40218
CURRENT ADDRESS:
Hermana Heather Gamett
2308 Hikes Lane Apt. G-52
Louisville, KY 40218
No comments:
Post a Comment