Monday, December 8, 2014

Week 23 -December 1, 2014, Louisville, Kentucky

     OK, so this week was pretty good.  There are obviously things that I would like to change, but all in all, I am getting better.  My Spanish is getting so much better. I can speak better, and I even can talk on the phone.  Yep!  That is pretty exciting.  This week I cut my hair.  It doesn't look any different.  Should have cut it shorter.  I think it actually has a little bit of a wave to it, but we will see with time. 
 
     This week we had a great zone conference.  All on planning.  It was really good, and planning is so much easier to do now.  We also talked about the "He is the gift" initiative.  That was really cool, too.  That video rocks. 
 
      So, we had this great Zone Conference and also Thanksgiving.  Let me tell ya.  That one touched me.  We were fully expecting to have Thanksgiving in our house.  All was well, but then we had a member ask us if we had an appointment.  Now keep in mind, many of these people do not celebrate Thanksgiving- at least not to the extent that we do.  So, she said that she would do it for us.  Later, the Relief Society President also invited us over for Lunch on Thanksgiving because she would be gone later that day. 
 
     Ok, we went to her house, which was amazing.  Her home is so cute, and her family is adorable.  Really amazing food, too.  Then Hermana Hearne and I went over to the Ronald McDonald house. It was interesting to be there.  It was such a homey and welcoming place.  We picked a floor and made some snicker doodles.  Then we got a text from the Family that was going to feed us dinner.  They live almost 30 minutes away.  She said that they would come in and pick us up so we wouldn't have to drive out there.  That meant a lot to me.  I don't know the financial situations of these families, but that is such a sacrifice.  They also brought another person, too.  She made an amazing Turkey- Spanish Style, with something called Mole.  It is really spicy, and really good.  It was amazing to be there with them.  They were so happy to help out and serve. I can't really express my gratitude for these families.  They are always serving, but happy to do it.  I am learning a lot of things that I would like to apply in my own life.  What amazing examples.

     As for missionary work...  Sometimes things are hard to do. Sometimes you have to step back and think about what is truly important and where should your intentions be. I have been trying to find that balance this past week.  It has been interesting, and a struggle for me, but all in all, it will work out.  This is a lesson I am so glad that I am learning now, rather than later.  I also have had to remind myself that I am not perfect, but that as long as I give it my all, Christ will make up the difference.
  
     In good news....  We found someone who is so ready for the gospel.  He needs it so badly.  We just set his Baptismal date.  We also have another person that was so apologetic that he didn't come to church that he basically promised he will never miss again.  Yep!  All is going all right.
 
     I have to go, but lastly....  I am amazed at these people.  A lot of the people here are from Cuba.  They left behind so much- Family, warmth, and most of them high ranking jobs,- to come here.  We had an investigator tell us the other day that she didn't know why she was here, but that she was, and God must have led her here.  Anyway, these people come here, and have to learn English, get a drivers licence, and work in any job they can.  Seriously, there are some that were Doctors, Engineers, Nurses, and a whole bunch of other careers, that gave everything up.  I know that God had a part in where they ended up, too.  I guess I just see his hand a whole lot more now.  He leads and guides and walks beside everyone, putting them where they need to be.
 
     Once again, I love it here, and hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. 
 
Love ya,
Hermana Gamett
 
Happy Birthday, Twins and Dallin!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment