Saturday, December 6, 2014

Week 20 - November 10, 2014 - Louisville, Kentucky

Dear Family,
 
     Wow, this is crazy.  I absolutely love it here in Hikes.  There are so many people here that are ready for us.  So many people don't have religion, and they are so ready.  It has been really hard for me to be here with so many people ready and prepared, and I can't even speak perfect Spanish.  The Spanish puts up all kinds of blocks - can't share the message perfectly.  At times, I can't even show my personality.  Ya, it has been a little rough for me.  I want so much more, and to do so much more, but I have to humble myself and remember that I have to let the Lord lead me, and take the rest that I can't do, even when I do my best.  I don't like relying solely on others, but I guess that is something that I have to learn.  But, I can say that I love Spanish, and that I love the people here.  I get to meet so many religions and learn so much. 
 
      A Sister Training Leader came this week and she taught me a lot.  She said that some things were going to be changing in the mission.  Some of them were things that I just mastered, but they make complete sense and I can see why we need them.  It is hard, though, just getting something down and then having to apply the new things with the STL.  As much as they say it is not, it feels like an exam with them, so that was a little rough, but, Hey, it will come.  I just got comfortable... and they say that the mission is about getting out of your comfort zone.  This last week has made that clear.  There is so much more that I have to learn, so much more I have to get down, and so much more I have to master.  I was once again reminded that I have to rely on my Savior, and it is Him and His spirit that have to teach not me because...well, if it were me..it would just be bad.  Anyway, this is humbling and I love it. 
 
     As a missionary I have really learned how to love others.  Every person that I have met and gotten to know, holds a peace of my heart.  I left some of it in Owensboro, and I have left other parts of it here in Louisville.  I just wish people knew how much they are loved.  This is amazing, and an experience I will never forget. I love you all so much!  Welcome home, LesLe!  Get well soon, Grandpa!  Happy Birthday, Hazel! I am sorry I can't write everyone, but I love you all!

Love,
Hermana Gamett

No comments:

Post a Comment