Wow! What a week!
This week was a good week. First, we started off visiting some of the people who are investigating the church. Good, right? Right! Everyone is having their own struggles, and it is really cool to see how much the gospel helps them, in whatever aspect that they need in their life.
So, we started out this fine week, and everything was going well.
We decided that it was time to teach the Law of Chastity to one of the investigators. Have you ever seen the Law of Chastity lesson on "The District"? No? I suggest that you watch it! Then imagine it 10 times more awkward. I have learned early on that you should never beat around the bush. My boldness that could get me in trouble at home, works great out here. So, of course we taught the lesson pretty simply. And pretty boldly! Pretty awkwardly. We covered a lot of things. But, by the end, the investigator was waving the law of Chastity pamphlet around, and exclaiming that he was going to share it with all of his friends. We went home, and just laid on the floor replaying that experience over and over. Fun times. Well, we continued the week well. Wednesday, we went to the family history center and taught about baptisms for the dead. Pretty soon, Friday came around and we headed to English class. We taught some great lessons that day, and eventually we were able to get over to Esteban's. He made us tacos - the best tacos ever. Then we had English class, which was super great! He and Grandma Robinson are the best!
Saturday, we headed to a small town named Seebree. It was great! We knocked into a Hispanic member, which was the coolest thing ever. I was excited that someone let us in, and when I asked about their religious beliefs, my companion pointed to the picture of the temple on the wall. Embrace the Awkward - my new and old theme.
Sunday, we headed to church! I love church. It was great! Talked to the members there, and then headed to Esteban's house. We were all headed to Louisville! I love that guy! Grandma came and picked us, Osbaldo, and Esteban up to go. Esteban prepared things for a sandwich. We all headed out on the beautiful ride to Louisville. We had such a good time. We talked about all types of wonderful things. That is when Esteban made that lovely video. We got to Louisville, and took some pictures. Then we headed in for the most inspired Charla that we have been to. I was asked to play the piano when we got there, so it was quite the miracle that I knew a few songs. I have been praying to get to use my talents and learn of them more, so that was cool. It was also nice to be able to touch the piano again. It was so amazing to see everyone. There were people there from my rama quinta. I was super excited to see them all, and bigger miracle - they remembered me. Anyway, it has changed so much, too. As you can tell, I am a little overwhelmed with the excitement that came from it all. There were so many miracles there yesterday!
One was the person that came with us. He is absolutely amazing. He really is a miracle. Esteban and Grandma are incredible!!! I got to hear Esteban's testimony, and go with him to what will probably be his last Charla (fireside). That was really special!
The people from the Rama Quinta were there, and I didn't realize how excited I was to see them all again. When we got there, I introduced Osbaldo to some of the people that I knew there, but once he met one person, they basically ditched me to go and talk to other people who are now going to come from Louisville to his baptism. I can always count on them. One time I was super pleased to be left! Osbaldo told the whole world about his baptism. I am a really happy hermana! The talks and every testimony were exactly what needed to be said. They were real people in real time, having the same problems, and they make such a difference. I think that it is safe to say that all, or at least most, are converts. I love them so much! They do so much!
While I was there, I was talking to one of the Hermanas that I knew in Louisville, and she said that her brother was investigating the church. I was super excited for her, and later, the brother came to talk to me while I was talking to another member. I recognized him right off. I said, "I think that I know you," and he looked at me in plain English and said, "I know you, too- you're the hermana that didn't call me back." That one took me back. We had talked to him for a long time outside of a member's house. If I recall correctly, there was a lot of explaining, and maybe even some kindly telling him in a bold way, what we believed. It was before I left Hikes, but those words really hit home. Anyway, he has been investigating the church. He opened right up to me, and told me that he still had some doubts, but that he was really looking. I assured him that it would come piece by piece. He told me, and his sister, and their family. It was crazy. I guess that just goes to show we make more of a difference than we think we do. We also must not assume that one is not ready, when maybe they really are. There are miracles everywhere, and you never know when someone you talk to may be someone's brother or sister, and they have been waiting for this. It was really cool, and one of the many highlights of my day. I guess the miracles are still coming in, even those miracles from Hikes. Plus, Pablo gave us Qdoba cards. Yes!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, long enough scattered email. Sorry. It really was more of a miracle than it sounds. I guess I will just have to explain it all better later!
Love ya all,
Hermana Gamett
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday, McKenzie, Kayla, and Denton!
CURRENT ADDRESS:
3240 East Tamarack Court #607
Evansville, IN 47715
No comments:
Post a Comment