I learned a lot this week. Hard work. Heat and biking. The importance of members. IPAD struggles, and of course, a week without mint oreos can be a rough-diet week!
Anyway, life was good this week. We were able to prepare the lesson for Sunday School. I always pray hard for those lessons. We are with native speakers, which is fine if they understand, but there are also a lot of returned missionaries, and that can be nerve racking. It is in those meetings that you build trust. Anyway, it started out rocky, but thanks to amazing Esteban it started to go well. The spirit was really strong by the end, and that is all that we need. Grandma (Sister Robinson) also came in. We really do just love them! I love Evansville ward!
The True Church!!!
This past week was going well. We had some ups and downs. Some obvious lessons learned, and some humbling moments. Super Duper Humbling. Enough said! Anyway, we never realize how much we have, and how it can compensate for what we don't know. This church is amazing, and although I may not know where all of the amazing scriptures are, (and every one of my companions know that I can not remember names or addresses, or how to spell), I know that the Lord will help me. Ok, in all seriousness...
As a Spanish speaking missionary in the United States, you are not immersed, and you learn Spanish from nearly every country that speaks that language. New phrases, new words, new everything. It is really great, and really fun! Anyway, we get to enjoy the company of so many people, and I can tell you that the gift of tongues is real. So the truth of the matter is that I can speak fairly well. At least I understand almost everything said to me. That is, until the Spirit leaves. A good indication that the Spirit is gone, is that I can't understand a word that you said. That happened 2 times this week, and I thought that I knew Spanish. Thought wrong! God knows Spanish, not me! Quite honestly, I think that it was good that I couldn't understand. From what I did get, I don't think that the Lord wanted me to open my mouth! I have such a strong testimony that this is really God's work. There are the obvious times when he is leading you and helping you out, and there are the times, when the Spirit totally leaves, and you can't say a word.
Anyway, talk about a scattered email. I am all over the place today.
This week was good, and we shall see what the next week brings. I love you all a ton!
Hermana Gamett
CURRENT ADDRESS:
3240 East Tamarack Court #607
Evansville, IN 47715
No comments:
Post a Comment