This week was a great week.
For the first time in forever someone finally came to church. It was
really cool to see how everything was able to play out. The Lord had His
hand in it, that is for sure! Anyway, I have thought a lot about
my mission and this theme kept coming into my head.
Becoming and being!
My entire mission has been an
interesting experience. Things have happened that I had predicted, and
others have sent me through a loop. All in all, there are so many
important things that I was required to learn. So many things that God must
have seen in me as faults, but I have been able to work through. I had
no idea some of the things that I lacked, but through the experiences that I
have had, my mind has been opened, and as a result we have received so much
more help than I could have ever imagined.
So at the beginning of my mission in
the car, I was asked by Dad what I would like for my scripture on my missionary plaque. One came
to mind, but not sure of the exact words, I chose another. Soon, I thought
of another. Eventually, I found the scripture that I had originally
desired, and have used that as my true mission motto.
Mosiah 23:10-11
"10Nevertheless, after much
tribulation, the Lord did hear my cries, and did answer my prayers, and has
made me an instrument in his hands in bringing so many of you to a knowledge of
his truth.
As I have reflected over this
scripture, and parts of my mission, I have seen that the Lord may have had
plans for me that I did not anticipate, but nonetheless were for my good.
I am also drawn to think upon the
scriptures in Ether 12:27-28. As I have tried to let myself be humble-
that can be hard, he will make me strong. I also think on the scriptures
in Moroni 10:32, be perfected through Christ. It is only through him that we
can make it through. And I always think of the stripling young warriors
and their desires to move forward, and be exactly obedient. Seriously, the
thoughts go on and on.
It has been interesting. In
role plays I can do it right. In person, I am horrible. There are
so many things that I didn't know that I had to change or that I was horrible
at, until a lot of showing me by the Lord - Things like planning, and using Apple
products, and humility in learning how to do something. Things such as learning that you can't be perfect, so
you have to mess up-AKA never becoming fluent in Spanish. Sometimes
people don't like you- that is ok. Sometimes you have to shut your mouth
and move on. I won't give you all the secrets to my imperfections or too
much detail, but I will say that you have to go back to the scripture in Ether
that the Lord can make you strong. I am learning that I should
be so very thankful for all of my many weaknesses. That just leaves a
bigger gap for Heavenly Father to fill with His amazing power.
Like talking to people- helmet- skirt- bike-, you bet. Boldness,
just do it. Honestly, if it feels right, just do it. I have
had the opportunity to learn how the spirit talks to me, and about real
intent. I have learned so much more amazing doctrine on a whole new
level. Did you know that Preach My Gospel, True to the Faith,
and the Book of Mormon have all the answers to the crazy questions that are
most commonly fought over in Sunday school class?- according
to Hermana Gamett. The Lord can do a lot with you if you just
let him, and some of the most precious things will start to make sense.
I have also learned that some things go with you forever, like your
inability to spell words, but don't worry they have spell check for that- or I can
just talk into my IPAD and it spells it-Score! I have learned that
confidence is key. It is not the ego that makes the person great, but the
confidence that she has in the Lord.
Those are all great things that I
have learned, but there are some other great things that have recently come to
my attention.
Many times, we see ourselves in one
path, but really God has other plans. My mission did not really play out
the way that I thought that it would. I have been and am in situations
that I didn't think about, and the Lord is showing me talents that I did not
know that I had - and weaknesses that I must fix. Life is good, and I am
blessed. I have reflected upon my entire life, and there is no time to
see an eternal perspective like there is now. I don't really know that, but I am
in the moment now -- so now!
I plan and prepare and learn how to
try to teach with the spirit. Little did I know, that some of those
inspired questions were going to be for my companions, not the people I taught
on the road. Who knew that the experiences that I had in high school, or
college would place me in a position to help others? Who knew that
keeping a clean facebook profile before my mission would help me on my mission,
as members and others search out my name, and family? Honesly, I am
learning a ton. Anyway, this is not getting written as I had imagined it,
but there you go. I am so glad to be out here, and I pray that the Lord
will help me solidify some of the things that I am learning-maybe he can help
me love getting up at 6:30 every morning. I LOVE MY MISSION! So in
the end, I am learning that the instrument that I thought I would be is not
the same as the instrument that the Lord has in mind, but His instrument
is so much better.
I love you all a ton, and I hope
that you all have a great week. Sorry for the scattered email!
Love,
Hermana Gamett
Happy Birthday, Dakota! And Happy Baptism Day!!!
CURRENT ADDRESS:
3240 East Tamarack Court #607
Evansville, IN 47715
No comments:
Post a Comment