1 year package
OK, so this week was good!
It was a busy week, but a good one.
Monday- We had p-day.
Tuesday-We visited a ton of great people.
Wednesday- Another great day!
Thursday- We had interviews. We have a huge district, and we were some of the last, so it did take a little while. We also had a really great training. It was fun to be there, and I learned a lot. They did such a good job. Then we headed straight to a dinner appointment, and then straight to ward coordination. As always, it was super great! Then we headed home!
Friday- We headed out a little early to help some people move. We worked and the whole time Hermana Little was a little sick. She said that it felt like there was a knife in her stomach, twisting. Lovely! But we went to service. On the way home, I could tell that it was getting worse, so I told her that we should call the mission nurse. So, we called her, and she told us to call Sister Brough. She said to go to the nearest urgent care- so off we went. We got there and they gave her some shots and did some procedures. Yep. It was a party. As we waited in the waiting room for the results, we became very familiar with the children's scriptures. Those really do help you teach more simply. They came back in after 4 hours with the diagnosis of, "I don't know. Here are some pain pills, and if it gets worse, go to the ER." Ok, then. So we headed home, and she still wanted to go to English class. So we did that, and then went home.
Saturday-The next day, she was pretty sick so I just let her sleep. I also made her homemade chicken noodle soup ( Thanks, Grandma). The sisters in the area stopped by.
Night- She was still pretty bad so one of the sisters said that we should call the mission nurse again. So we tried, but then decided to call the mission doctor. I played doctor for him, and when she did not react well to the tests he had me run- he said to head to the ER. So off to the ER we headed. That was a new experience, too. They were super nice there, and they gave her some medicine. They also made her get a CAT scan. By this time, her head was killing her, and was beyond what was wrong with her stomach. They gave her more medicine and she fell asleep. It was a great night! Anyway, they let us go home, with more "I don't knows", but some things that would help her. Got home around 11:30 or 12:00am.
Sunday- Church, fever, hung out at home. We did some work that we could do while we were in the apartment. She got a blessing- which was really cool.
Monday- Emailing you!
That has been my week. We were able to talk to a family this week, which is super cool. There are some great people here. Life has been good, and just interesting! I officially think that I am bad luck. My poor companions.
Thank you so much for the package. It really made my day! Love ya!
Love ya,
Hermana Gamett
Happy birthday, Gabbie!
CURRENT ADDRESS:
3240 East Tamarack Court #607
Evansville, IN 47715
No comments:
Post a Comment