So, this week has been a great week! We have been doing lots of great things!
Anyway, I have learned a lot of lessons this week. Too many to count! It was a good week filled with IPAD updating. It is official. I have lost my technology touch. It was also filled with really great thunderstorms (drenched us in a matter of seconds), fireflies (-or lightning bugs), and boldness.
I had a realization these last few weeks. It is ok to be bold, and it is ok to be right. Don't shy down, because they believe something different than you do. Share the truth! We have had a focus on boldness in our mission, and especially in our companionship. As part of the training, we watched a Bible video of Jesus. It was pretty inspiring. Anyway, the realization came to me that I can be bold and say things how they are. It is great. Don't get me wrong, I did that to an extent before, but I always had this worry in the back of my mind that I would leave a bad name, but the truth is the truth. We were reading in the book Our Search for Happiness, and Elder Ballard is pretty bold with the truth.
It reminded me that the message we share is not changeable. I do not have to start out agreeing with someone, but rather I am here to share the truth. I can't quite explain this all in a way that explains how I feel, but needless to say- it is going well. I can be bold!
You should check out that Bible video, though. It was pretty cool.
Anyway, our week was good. We are having good things, and disappointing things, too. I am working on my Christlike attributes- like not throwing things at people. I don't know if Heavenly Father is just letting me put into action what I am trying to be better at applying, or if it is just that I am in a new area and have to be bold in a different way.... Or if He is just teaching me some new lessons, but this week I almost lost it 2X. The old feelings that I used to have when people made me mad came back, and this time I was going to act on them. Well, let's just say you can mess with me, but don't you dare mess with my religion, Joseph Smith, or Jesus Christ. I was a little..well ya. I think the Lord held me back a little there. Anyway, I am learning a lot. I am trying to grow. Hopefully everything works out well.
No worries. Life is good here. We are working hard to find those who are ready. We are excited about this week, and have some great plans. I am going to struggle again as I try to figure out all of this stuff on the IPAD- but, hey, maybe that will help me grow too. Love y'all a ton.
Love,
Hermana Gamett
Happy Birthday, Alex and Gibson and Cory!!!!
CURRENT ADDRESS:
3240 East Tamarack Court #607
Evansville, IN 47715
No comments:
Post a Comment