Friday, July 11, 2014

Week 2 - July 10, 2014, Mexico City CCM

Ok.
    So, not much time, but I love it here.  The food is amazing.  The people are so kind, and every time it rains I just think, "Wow!  What a blessing." (I guess my mind is still in Idaho where there isn`t an actual "rainy season".)  Hey! I guess I get to feel blessed more often- like every day.
    I guess that you could say that my Spanish is doing better.  I speak a lot more and my prayers are getting a lot better-I say them in Spanish, of course.  I have to make myself remember that I am not going to say everything right in Spanish, and that I cannot just nod my head and say, "Sí" because when my companion does the same thing, it makes us both look really bad.  Yes, yes, all hard lessons to learn.  When I get feeling a little down, I just have to think, "Suck it up.  You're not here for you.  Pull yourself together."  And then I realize that I have only been here 2 weeks and can understand most of our lessons and investigators. (No they don`t speak English - OK.  Well, not only English). 
   Ok.  So the next thing that I thought would be difficult was the bugs.  Nope!  The bugs are not bad at all.  There are some interesting spider bites that my roommate gets, but, hey, the mosquitoes don`t even like me here.  I get to enjoy watching people, especially Elders, flinch when spiders land on them.  And I get to be entertained during Sacrament meeting when a huge spider inches its way down to land on someone, but they leave me alone.  It's the best of both worlds.
     So, I am almost out of time, but here is the last bit. I got to go the Temple today.  I was so super excited to see it.  I think that they usually do a session, but it was closed, today.  It is really cool, though.  They have a really great visitor's center, which is beautiful.  I loved it so so much.  It is all decorated like it may have been in the Book of Mormon times.  They have a room that is just like Jerusalem.  I got some great scripture cases for my Spanish scriptures and a great HLJ bracelet.  HLJ stands for "Choose the Right" in Spanish.  It was great.  I think that one of the best things about the temple, other than the fact it is a house of the Lord, was the angel, Moroni.  The temple in Mexico is supposedly the only temple in the world where Moroni is holding the golden plates.  That was pretty cool to see.  I will send a great picture as soon as I can.  
     I love home so much, but am so glad to be here.  I am so grateful for all the people that have and do support me.  Without the people at home, I don`t know who I would be, or where I would be.  Love everyone so, so much, and hope to write again soon.  I would write more, but I am out of time, so Adios.
 
Les Amo,
Hermana Gamett 
 
More photos, courteousy of Hermana Bennett and her mother, Nancy.
 
Hermana Farris, Hermana Bennett, Hermana Heather, Hermana Butts (Heather's companion)
They are all in the same casa.
 
Their casa
 
Their casa 
 
Campus
 
Campus
 

No comments:

Post a Comment