So there are 2 missionaries that left here for the Twin Falls mission. Although you will probably never see them, (AKA they speak Spanish) I will tell you their names; Elder Trappitt and Elder Dickerson. They are both Southern boys, so naturally they helped us with our southerness, and naturally, they will probably fit into Idaho well - except for Elder Trappitts "Gator Huntin" (probably wont have too much of that). Who knew that when we were called to Kentucky we would really be learning 2 new languages- Spanish and Southern... and hey, I guess I can`t forget English. I think that through learning Spanish, my English is also progressing ( minus the spelling. Here they actually spell how it sounds- my paradise!!!!!).
This week has been really good. Ok- well good and bad. Since we are enclosed in a small area, when one person gets sick, the whole CCM gets sick. Luckily, I have been blessed enough to not get too sick, but we nicely get sore throats and coughs. And for me that includes nice periods of time where my brain shuts down. Pero, esta bien.
The more I am here the more amazing I realize people are ( Sorry. My thinking is Spanish so my wording may be weird.) My teachers are absolutely amazing. They genuinely care about us. They match their teaching to our needs and help us grow. They make me want to be an amazing missionary just by watching their examples. It is amazing to see their kindness and their love for each one of us, even though I know how many students they have had. We really are blessed with some amazing people here. Some of the stories are too personal for me to share with you, but they are some amazing people, and I know that miracles still happen today.
This week was going great. Everyday I would come home, without struggle, and would be super happy. Life was good. It was good until I reallized that struggle was a sign of progression. I really wasn`t progressing like I should. Although I could progress somewhat, I was not having that daily struggle. I was not going home exhausted from my days work. Don`t get me wrong, be cheerful in all things, but I realized that cheer should and can always come from our struggles which,if we let them, will lead to progression. It reminds me of a talk by Dieter F. Uchtdorf when he said to be grateful in your circumstances rather than in just the good things. I am learning that being grateful is so much sweeter after the struggle, so I should be thankful for it. Since I am a missionary now I naturally have to add a scripture to that. "For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things". It's a great scripture. So, naturally with this, things got harder again. My Spanish seemed to go backwards, but, hey, I am happy that I am progressing once again.
Ok, so being the me that I am, I am still struggling to get the $50 worth of pesos spent. Yes, I mean spent. There are only so many candy bars that I can buy-(although they are great!!!) It is time to spend those pesos, or I guess I will just make another trip back. 9 days left here in the great country of Mexico, and then off to the real thing. I hope we are ready. I can`t wait to get there. Well I know that is not much to go on, and I wish I could write more, but there is just too much to write. I miss home, but I love it here. I am super sad that I missed build-fence day with Grandpa and Lafe, and I missed the Pass creek trip to Goldilock's cave, but, hey, all is well. So, I had better go. I am glad everything is going well for mom. I hope that dad isn`t working too hard. I hope that Kali is having a great time at AFY, and Lafe is not going too crazy with his wii game. I love you all a ton.
Love you all.
Hermana Gamett
P.S. Kali dear Kali, please get a bunch of music together and put it on my white mp3 player. Anything from LDS.org, or classical I and take off the other music. I am really missing my music. And some of the best advice I have used, (or have had a lack of use and need to use more) is from Brother McBride and what he has told me about being confident.
No comments:
Post a Comment