So this week was a good week - learning a lot about the scriptures, speaking broken Spanish all the time, taking spanish assessments, and realizing how gringo my accent really is. O, ya- rocking it!
This week has also been a little sad. It always seems that as we start to finally know people and become their friends, it is time to leave. Questions are always running through my head as I think about the lovely place I will be leaving for at 2:30 AM on Monday morning. Who will I teach? What words will I slaughter in Spanish? Please, oh please, don`t make this small town girl drive in the big big world of Kentucky (more of a prayer that a question) Where am I going to find deodorant that will be sufficient for that hot hot hot weather? Will I die in the humidity? Which bug will bite me first? What am I going to do with my hair all the time? What is the first weird roadkill that I will eat? (super excited for that one) What is my companion going to be like? What am I going to do without my district? That question makes me so sad to think about. At least all of my Hermana will be going there with me.
Elder Santana has a friend that is in Kentucky and he said they need our Hermanas desperately. We`ll see what they say when we get there and they hear our Spanish. It will be GREAT!
So... yesterday, I am pretty sure that we had a hurricane if only that were possible here. It was pretty great. It rained hardcore for over an hour. Thunder! Lightning! Soaking wet! The whole thing! There were puddles on the lawn, and I am pretty sure there was a swimming pool on the sidewalks. However, we all lived. I would have went and sat in the rain and embraced my inner Idaho girl that doesn`t see it much and wants to dance in it, but through the grace of God I maintained my composure and resisted that urge.
So, I have come to the conclusion that I am really REALLY bad at using words to express how I feel. Quite often I start with something that was in the middle of my thought. It`s all good, though. People`s empty stares usually clue me in. But along with that, we all had a heart to heart with our district. We are quite close. We told everyone the things that we liked about them (once again sooooo annoying when you can`t explain how you feel to someone, especially when you are trying to compliment them). It was really nice to hear everyone`s views and compliments. They were really nice to everyone. I feel like most of them were honest in their words and compliments. I realized that I am really going to miss them... a lot. And my companion - what am I going to do without her? She makes me better every day. :(
Well back to crazy talking. I absolutely love Mexico. I hope that I can visit again. I absolutely love the people sooooo much. I also love the birds and their exotic colors, and the flowers that grow alllllll the time. I will miss the rain and the bright colors and the 5:30 mornings that we don`t end up running. I will miss my companion who takes a ton of convincing to get to the doctor because I know she has strep, but she won't listen ( and I was right). I will miss my district and their unique charactoristics. I will miss the palm trees and the moist air. I will miss it sooooo much, but I am ready for the new world. I am ready for the humidity and the sweating. I am ready for the Spanish (not really). I can`t wait to teach real people and real lessons. And I can`t wait to share this wonderful news and message that I have with people. I can`t wait to be the instrument in God`s hands that he needs me to be.
Buenas Dias and Hasta Luego
Hermana Gamett
No comments:
Post a Comment