Believe it or not...I have a very faint, but still somewhat noticeable if you get really close - tan line on my feet. Yep. It is pretty great! Yes, yes, I know that is quite the miracle, but WOW am I grateful for it. I also have some great bug bites to accent my TAN legs. It is great!
So this week we rode our bikes quite a bit. Did I love it? Why, yes. Yes, I did!!! It was really fun to ride around to people's houses. Was this Idaho girl very good at it? Um.. well, lets just say wearing a helmet was new. And I am pretty sure that my hand signals were pretty...well... um not so great, but I am learning, right?
The people here are great cooks - that includes my companion. She has made me this great chicken stuff and homemade corndogs. YEAH, that's right - home made corndogs. They were so so good. We also get to eat at member's homes. Owensboro has some great cooks. I just love eating here.
So, once again, crazy email (kind of like my brain some times, but, oh well). Anyway, I was talking with an investigator this week and I am trying to talk more in the lessons and use what Spanish I do know. Well, we had a lesson with someone on prophets and she asked what happens when a prophet dies. I thought through it for a second, trying to gather my thoughts and put them into a sentence in English that would make sense and then translate them into Spanish. Yeah! My brain is going everywhere when my trainer looked at me and asked me to explain. Ok, so jumping at the opportunity, and somewhat having my thoughts strewn together, I started. (I will write this in English so you all understand, but please note that this was spoken in Spanish.)
"Well, the church has many leaders. Some of these are called apostles, and they have some of the power of God, too. So when the prophet bites (muerde - muerte is dies. Yeah, see the problem?) an apostle is able to take his place." Well, as hard as she tried not to laugh, our investigator was cracking up, and soon with the nice blank look on my face my trainer had to explain my error. O yeah, so Spanish is on its way. So, just to clear this up, when the prophet dies the power stays here, and an apostle is able to take his place.
Anyway, on another good note, my Spanish really is getting better. I can pray a little better and I can say a little more in lessons. I am getting it all piece by piece.
Well, I hope you can still think when you are done with this crazy letter. Love you all a ton.
Hermana Gamett
No comments:
Post a Comment