Ok so,
Everything is going all right. I can tell that I am growing so
much. I am so much better than I was before. I am so glad that I
have grown up in the church, but it wasn't until my mission that I have really
experienced the power of the atonement in my life. Wow.
So, I am getting better at speaking Spanish,
which is nice, but I still have those days when I struggle. It is so
frustrating. This week I felt like my Spanish was getting so much better.
I was talking to people and getting across what I wanted to say. Then,
there would be times that I would not be able to muster up anything.
Yesterday was probably the worst. We were talking to a guy that
was so nice and the perfect investigator. He asked all the right
questions and he led us right through everything. He asked about prayer
and why baptism should be when we are older. Hermana Porter shared some
scriptures. We talked to him forever and he accepted a baptism
date. He is even moving over to the apartments near where we live, which
will make it easier for us to teach him.
We were so
happy, and don't get me wrong, I am so happy for him, but every time I opened
my mouth I felt like I drove away the spirit. My Spanish was so
horrible. I couldn't say a single thing. I basically suck!!!
I have never been so grateful that it is not me that teaches, but the spirit,
because well... I would have failed on my own. Hermana Porter did great,
but I sucked!!!
So, on to
Hermana Porter. We are different, but she is a good person. I am
trying to get to know her better. She
has helped me learn some things about myself that I needed to know. I
feel badly because I can't help her like I would like to, and what I do say,
she has to fix sometimes. But, I also have really come to understand that
I am not going to be perfect now. It is
a process. So, yeah! That is me.
I feel like my
studies have gotten so much better. Now, if only I could remember
everything when I teach... and translate it into Spanish. Yikes! I
get so nervous when I talk to people. Well... you know me. I get
nervous when I approach someone or have to talk. I have to practice A LOT to
say what I want to say. I think that
overcoming that is half the battle. I have to be able to push those
nerves away. I think that I am getting better, and man, do I know that the
Lord has, and is, already helping me a ton, but I still need to get over
that. Once I can push those nerves away, I think my brain will once again
fire completely. Then the Spanish and
the things that I have learned will be able to flow better and I will be able
to talk to people better. So, through a lot of prayer, I can feel myself
getting better, but - o man, that will be my battle.
I have to
go, but this last week our district leader and a fellow Owensboro missionary
left, so we all got pictures. Here they are. Sorry I don't take
more pictures. Well, maybe once I get everything down and learned, my picture
taking will get better.
I am so happy to be here
and so glad that I get to learn so much. I am super happy, just working
on perfecting my skills.
O yeah. Check out this
lesson. Our ward mission leader is basically amazing. He trained in
his mission at 17 days and was a branch president for most of his
mission. Anyway, he showed us this and taught the lesson with it.
It was really good. It is way better when he explains it, but, hey, I
will send it anyway.
Got to go.
Sorry for the crazy email. I LOVE YOU ALLLLLLLL A TON.
Hermana Gamett
No comments:
Post a Comment