Ok, so get ready for this email!!!
This week was good!
Major accomplishment #1:
The Sister Training Leaders came
over for a blitz this week. I love when they come because they build you
up and teach you, and then you apply it. It is like starting fresh,
because usually they haven't been teaching with you before. So, yes, I was
ready to take on the world. So, it was soooo good. She taught me a
ton. I got to get better. I practiced, and they even told me that
my Spanish was not ok - not just acceptable - but amazing! Do they think
I speak fluently? Goodness no, but they said it was amazing. That sure made me feel good. Let me
tell ya, it sure is nice when you say something and you don't get a blank stare
from the people you just spoke to. You
actually said it right. Wow! What
a great feeling that is. Talk about feeling great. Yeah, that is it
right there.
Major Accomplishment #2:
While they were here, I had to take
my Sister Training Leader around. We would survive, but I..well….
sorta forgot to ask my companion for addresses or directions. But,
this is where miracle #2 came. I got us there! I know- big
accomplishment, right? I got us to like three houses and only had to call
my companion when we went to our dinner appointment, which was by the
church. Yes. I have been to the
church many times, and yes, I should know where it is, but I am very
directionally challenged and well...put the fact that there are no mountains
here on top of that. I would like to pretend that I have an excuse.
But guess what? The GPS got us there
safe and sound!!! So now I play this game in the car- “Guess the road”.
It is quite fun. I, like the name suggests, guess which road to turn on
before she turns. Yep, basically I am going to have this town memorized.
Major Accomplishment #3:
I didn't kill her!! It’s
true. So, my companion cooks sometimes, and she is pretty darn good at
it. Being me, I can cook, but I try to keep it simple. Plus, I don't always like to buy the stuff to
cook more than noodles or spaghetti… or other things harder than that.
But, it was my companion’s birthday this week, and no matter what I did, she
would not tell me what she wanted for her birthday. Yeah, it was
rough. So, she can't have too much chocolate. Automatically, that throws out most of the
things I can cook or make. Oh boy, what to do?
What to do? So, I decided that I would make crepes. I didn't
have a recipe, but I would sure try something. Well, lucky for me, we
still had crepe mix. Does it compare to
my homemade crepes? Um... absolutely not! But they worked. And then I made up my own filling. I
thought that I remembered that it had cream cheese, cool whip, and obviously,
sugar. So I whipped up a little something. Yep! There we go. It tasted just dandy- and
a whole 7 hours later, Hermana Porter still lives. That is Miracle #3.
Major Accomplishment #4: I talked with a lot of people in Spanish!
There you go. That says a lot already. Was it perfect? Nope!
Did Hermana Porter have to fix a lot of it? OH YEAH – but, hey, I am
getting better.
So, as you can see, there are always things
to improve on, but my weeks are full of miracles. I haven't even shared
all of them. I wish I could tell you everything that I learn, but there is just
not enough room. I love the people here, and I love the people at home.
I hope that everyone has a wonderful week, and Grandpa Waddoups...well...
be good! What else can I say?!
Hermana Gamett
Current Address:
Hermana Gamett
1017 Venable Ave. #10
Owensboro, KY 42301
Owensboro, KY 42301
No comments:
Post a Comment