Sunday, February 1, 2015

Week 29 - January 20, 2015 - Louisville, Kentucky

Ok.  I am learning valuable lessons, everyday.  There is always something to learn, decisions to make, and...oh, yes! many, many prayers to say.  One thing that I have been learning a lot these past few weeks, is that every basic principle is the gateway to the deepest and most complex principle.  That really doesn't seem to make sense.  I have always thought that I understood faith, until it became time to really show it.  I thought that I understood patience, until I had to accept God's timing - however quickly or slowly it was to go.  I thought that I understood diligence until you have to work under the pressure of eternal consequences.  Really, everything I knew before, was my foundation - what I built everything on.  Now, I feel like that foundation has to weather ( I hope that is the right kind of weather) a little through the storm, so that it can be filled with something just a little stronger.  -So it can hold stronger through something with a little more force - the next hurricane, flood, fire, or (for Kentucky) tornado that comes my way.  Really, those will just erode ( I hope I can spell that one) it a little more so something even stronger can come in.  In reality, they are still the same principles, just with so much more strength, or the potential to become strong if we let it.   Now that I have so clearly explained my "Heatherism", I realized that I just explained a refiner's fire.
 
...Anyway, I am learning a lot. Weaknesses are coming out that I have always had, but have never recognized so clearly.  Some weaknesses are coming out that I never knew that I had, or at least never wanted to admit.  For example, it has been evident to everyone I knew that I can not spell.. and I meen I cannot spell anything.  My companions didn't believe me until I would have to ask how to spell... since, or sence, or mean vs. meen.  Yep.  That is me for ya.  It is only a problem when I try to email or write a paper, but (believe it or not) it can not be too helpful in other areas, too - like correcting a paper.  Don't worry, though.  We are working on it.
 
That is only a small and slight example.  There are so many more.  Basically, everything that I thought that I knew has so much more to it, but the best thing is that I get to learn about it, apply it, and see it change me and others.  This has been one of the most valuable things I have learned out here.  Well, I am out of time,  but I love you all a ton.  Good luck with my deep and super inspirational message. I love you all a ton!
 
Hermana Gamett
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment