Thursday, March 5, 2015

Week 34 - February 24, 2015 - Louisville, Kentucky


 
El Libro de Mormon-Otro Testimento de Jesucristo

This week was a week all about the Book of Mormon.  When Elder Christofferson came, he talked a little about it, so we were going to get trained more on it, as well as study it.  So, at the beginning of the week we got this call asking us to watch for a Book of Mormon Miracle.  We looked and searched all week.  And we saw some pretty great smaller, but bigger in the eternal scheme of things, miracles.

So, we read and studied, and eventually had our Zone meeting.  It was really good.  The beginning was all about the Book of Mormon.  Different groups did trainings in different areas.   We heard miracle stories and it was really cool.  However, the coolest part was the second part.  

They asked us each to bring a blindfold.  Two companionships at a time, they led us into the church.  They blindfolded us at the bottom of the stairs and asked us to picture what it would feel like to really be investigating the church.  We were led into a room, blindfolded.  There we "met the missionaries".  They taught us some things, and then they had to literally guide us to this string (Rod of Iron).  We had to follow it, and hope that it would lead us the right way.  It was scary, but honestly I didn't have any other way to go, so I held on.  Eventually, we heard some noises, and they said that we could let go.  No, thank you. I was not hitting any wall.  Then one of the other missionaries holding on to the rod asked if we could trust them, and the missionaries said,  "Yes.  We are your missionaries."  Then we trusted them again.  We continued that process for a while.  Lesson.  Back to the rod.  Lesson - Until they sat us down and asked us to pray about the book.  Pretty soon, we were able to see again, and we had been led to Christ (to baptism).  It was an incredible experience.  I was reminded of so much.  First, I was reminded that the Book is true and should be used in every occasion.  It is what really brings others to Christ.  It is what leads others to the truth.  It really is the keystone of our religion. 

By doing what Moroni says, (having faith, asking with real intent and a sincere heart -truly looking for the truth) you will know the truth of all things by the Holy Ghost.  It was really cool.

That book is one powerful book, and I just learned so much about it this week again.  I love my mission.  I love the people here.  I love all the people I am meeting.  I am so thankful that I have this opportunity to become something more than I was.  I sure do love it here!  Anway, I hope that you are all having a great week, and I hope that you are enjoying the slushy snowy stuff that I am also enjoying.  You are the best!

Love you all,

Hermana Gamett
 
 
Current Address: 
Hermana Heather Gamett
2308 Hikes Lane Apt. G-52
Louisville, KY 40218
 

No comments:

Post a Comment