Friday, March 13, 2015

Week 36 - March 9, 2015 - Louisville, Kentucky

Dear Home,
 
This week was a new week with new challenges, but good results.  Sometimes we forget that changing and becoming better can be hard.  There is a talk that Elder Bednar gave when he was brother Bednar.  It talks about the Atonement and how it is to change us.  He quotes a prophet that says that the Atonement is to make bad men good, and good men better and to put off the natural man and become a Saint.  As I was learning and growing this week, that seemed to be the theme. Today I read that talk once again ( I read it a lot), and realized that the Atonement is meant to change me.  I really have to go through the rough stuff in order to get the enabling power that comes with the Atonement.  Now, looking at my week from the outside- I look like a baby, but on the inside it was a little bit tough.  I felt so inadequate for the things that were to come.  However, it all worked out.  I am still alive, and my companion is still alive, and on her mission.  I am learning so much, and we have seen so many miracles this week.  I hope that I can continue to grow, but I also hope that I can remember everything that the Lord has done for me and can focus on the good and not the hard or bad.
 
So, there is my story for this week.  I have to go, but I love you all a ton!
 
Love,
 Hermana Gamett
 
Happy Birthday, Grandpa!!!!
 
Hermana Gamett with her new companion and Elder and Sister Brough
 
CURRENT ADDRESS:
Hermana Heather Gamett
2308 Hikes Lane Apt. G-52
Louisville, KY 40218

No comments:

Post a Comment