So, life is good. This week just flew by. Lots of calls about the car. We had a really good Zone Conference, as well. Lots of learning, studying, and everything.
Thank you for the package! I will use it well. It is needed. Did you know that I was affected by pollen? Nope- me neither. The past 4-5 days have been really rough. I honestly can never breath-which is a problem. I am faithful about taking my medicine right now. Gee! Sometimes,I have to remind myself, "You already took it." So, thank you for the medicine. I need it. There are days that I don't realize that I can't breath until I try to talk and can barely get a sentence out. My goodness- the struggle.
Spiritual stories this week:
We were out this week and decided to walk around and talk to people. We walked over into a neighborhood with the hopes that a member would be home, but happened to see these amazing two people sitting in a doorway, instead. We went over and just started talking. They were amazing! They were Baptist and he really knew the Bible. We talked for a really long time. We talked about Jesus and Prophets and how the world is hard to live in, but we have amazing guidance through ancient prophets. We ended up giving them a Book of Mormon, and showed them Moroni 10:3-5. We explained that the answer comes from God, after we search and want to know. He just looked at us and started crying. He said that it just reminded him about how Mary pondered everything that Jesus taught. That is very true, but I think that something in those verses rang true to him. We invited them to meet with the Elders in the area and they said sure. He even talked over whether they should talk to them there or at his home. He was an amazing man really seeking for truth.
We also went to visit a really nice lady we teach. She had friends over, but she invited us in. Well, we talked for a minute, and tried to get to know her friend. Well, soon, another friend came in who was a pastor from another church. She introduced us, and all was good. He started off a little fierce towards us. Of course we want to talk religion, but not to put each other down. Then, he turned to the other woman there, and they started talking religion. She disagreed with some of what he said, so they would discuss it. I just remember sitting there praying that I could understand the super fast cuban spanish- and that we could somehow come in and be neutral or share what we believed in an unhostile environment. Anyway, I don't know what exactly happened, but I was talking. I think it was something on baptism. I started talking with confidence in the Lord. You know that the spirit is there when you make sense in another language. Anyway, the next thing I knew, the preacher looked at me and said, "Amen." Ok. Then, I explained some more about how we know that Jesus established his church when he was on the earth and did things through that power and his apostles. I said some more things and then I hear another amen. Ok! I was a little shocked, as I think that he was. All the crazy things in the world and confusion and understanding of man, cannot trump the intentions of God. He soon left, and went outside to talk about religion with someone else, but her other friend really started asking questions. I think she was interested. I am so thankful that we didn't want contention, and that we didn't bible bash- we shared the truth and what we knew- and as we all know, the truth will set you free.
Anyway, I will see you all soon. I hope that I didn't forget anything, and I love you all a ton.
Love ya,
Hermana Gamett
No comments:
Post a Comment