Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Week 43 - April 27, 2015 - Louisville, Kentucky

Talk about a weak! (Yep! I meant that misspelling)

So this week has been interesting.  There are the normal struggles, and the amazing miracles.  There are a lot of things I am learning, a lot of things that I am still bad at, and some things that I am actually getting better at!
 
A few weeks ago we met a family from Iraq.  They didn't speak much English, but Hermana Millett really wanted to go back to help them.  So we got an Arabian Pamphlet and gave it to them, and ordered in a Book of Mormon.  So we went back to explain that the book was on the way.  Keep in mind, some of this had to be over a translator or translated by her husband.  We taught them how to pray- and they both prayed quietly to themselves.  Then we said a prayer out loud for them- in English, of course.  The Spirit really entered the room.  After the prayer, she looked up at us and you could tell how good she felt.  She wrote in her phone to translate that she felt really good.  Then she wrote-can I go to church?  Well, of course!  That was really cool!  The language of this gospel isn't in Spanish or Arabic or English- it is the language of the spirit and it works for everyone.
It doesn't end there.  We went back to give her the Book of Mormon and had her read the first page.  Remember it is right to left and characters.  So she read it- we didn't understand!  Then we asked her to pray.  She prayed and at the end of the prayer she burst into tears.   It was an amazing experience!  She is really prepared.  Let's just say, I don't really want to let the Elders teach her.  I always want to visit her, but she is amazing!  Let's just hope that the IPADs get here soon, so she can be taught!
More of my week!  I can't remember everything, but a member took us out to an amazing Cuban restaurant and the next day we had amazing Cuban food again.  Then, that night we ate it again.  A miracle?  I think yes!
 
We also got a call this week from someone who lived in downtown.  O boy- here we go!  So we headed out-complete faith in the Lord, and, of course, got lost.  And no - not only is it turn around if you get off on the wrong street, it is all one way streets.  So you have to take another street all the way back and then turn back onto the street, only to get lost again!  Yep- that was my life for a while.  At least I know how to get to the Hospital now! It really was a struggle.  Finally, we got there!  It was really cool.  The guy was from Cuba and a member, but can't come to church because he has to work.  His family got here, though, and he wants them to be taught!  In the middle of the lesson, he even went over to get his neighbor to listen. 
 
So, there I was- still lost and on the 15th floor-never been that high before.  But, we had met this nice guy- in downtown Louisville.  Alright!  So, then thinking that I could get out all right, but forgetting the one ways, we headed to a lunch appointment!  Yep!  Good, good times!  Well, did it look familiar?  Nope! I started seeing bridges and knew I was going the wrong way- but where to turn around?  So, we kept going!  Finally, we got to a part of town that I recognized, and we decided to turn around.  I got into another lane to get turned around and the next thing I know, I am on a bridge to Indiana! - Almost flipped a U-turn right there, but decided it would be better to cross the bridge rather than get killed by a car!  Anyway, got that all taken care of, got to our appointment, and the amazing Nora (cooks for us each week) made me feel all better!  So, that adventure ended. 
 
Ok.  So my companion needed some supplies for her diabetes- so sometime this week  (don't ask me when) we went to get all the supplies, but apparently when the doctor sent in the prescription he didn't send in for those other supplies. Ok.  So keep going.  We get in contact with the Endocrinologist office here, and make sure that everything is in progress.  They say that they need medical records.  So, we go to get all of that done.  I have never done this before, so my brain is scattered mush.  Anyway, we keep working to get it all taken care of.  We finally get the information, and on Friday we have a meeting near the mission office so we decide to fax it from there.  So we take care of that, and hopefully, they send everything quickly, so that she can get in.  So we spent more time there, getting help and everything.  We walk back out to the car, and the other designated driver asked me if I wanted to drive.  Realizing the car would not be ours for much longer, I decided to drive.  So, we were driving along oh- so- nicely.  We stopped at a nice red light, and the next thing I know someone has rear ended me in a church car.  It didn't do much damage, but we still have to report it.  So, make some calls-back to the mission office - finally back on the road. I have decided that the Lord has called me to do paperwork!
 
All is good, though.  It has been amazing to me how much help I have received.  I know these things all seem so minor, and they are, but after a while it can be interesting.  I don't like trying to handle things I don't know anything about, but I guess that is not my calling right now. Cause I don't know anything!
 
Amazingly, I have not been as stressed as I would think.  I am getting exhausted.  I am tired from other things in addition to all of this.  Daily life can be rough, but it has reminded me how much I rely on the Lord.  Every time I think about it, I am reminded of the strength He is giving me, and I am so thankful for every ounce.  I felt that so strongly on the car ride home from the mission office and another day this week.  Just when I am about to lose my cool or completely fall apart, I am reminded of the help of the Lord.  I can feel completely His strength working to keep me going.  I can honestly say that big events are hard, but it is the daily small events that are the hardest, but right now as I am honestly- giving all that I have to the Lord ( good and bad) I am feeling the happiest!  Don't get me wrong there is a lot to work on, but I know He is in my life!
 
Well, I love you all a ton, and I hope that you have a great day!  "As to my strength I am weak, but in the strength on the Lord I can do all things"- name that scripture!
 
Love,
Hermana Gamett  

No comments:

Post a Comment