Well, it is another P-day. I honestly can't believe it. It is the last week of transfer 5 in Hikes for me. We will see what the future holds. There is a lot going on here, but life is good. We have been talking with people a lot this week. It has been fun, interesting, and spiritual. Life is good!
When Elder Christofferson came, he really stressed the Book of Mormon. Our mission president has also stressed a lot about the Book of Mormon, lately. And why not- it is an incredible book.
"I told
the brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth,
and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding
by its precepts, than by any other
book."
Joseph Smith
So, of course, we use it all the time. It is pretty incredible to read and to feel of the Love of God, while reading the pages of that amazing book. This past week we placed a lot of copies of the Book of Mormon. We had English, Spanish, Arabian, and we have some Nepali on the way. We talked about it a lot. We read from it a lot. We study it, and really are using it more.
This past week we had a little bit of a miracle story. A few weeks ago, we were walking around the area and talking with everyone we saw - getting to know them, and about their lives and such. Then we saw this one man, and decided to talk to him. He was a pretty cool guy. I showed him in 3rd Nephi- can't remember the exact verses (guess it was the spirit)- where Jesus is stating the higher law like he does in Matthew. I don't remember too much, but we then left, and that was that. Well, a few weeks later we were in the area again, as we are often because we teach there a lot. I don't know if Hermana Millett said something or if he asked us, but he started talking to us again. We headed over there, and he asked us about the classes that we gave to someone else. We explained that we shared what we knew, and he informed us that he would like to hear more. We left him with the introduction, and he said he would read it. We set up an appointment, and were back over there the next week. We got back over, and were able to talk with him. He basically did everything we were supposed to do to start the lesson. We started talking, and he is really looking for the truth. He is so knowledgeable about the Bible, but not really in a religion. We really got to talking- all from the Book of Mormon. And he just said that it was such a new idea that Jesus came here to the Americas to set up His church here, and bless His "other sheep" here. It was new, not wrong, but new. We talked for a long time. We explained to him that he would have to ask God to know if it was right, and then we read Moroni 10:3-5. It was incredible to see the true understanding that he already had, but really solidified when he read those verses. He just said that he really did have to ask God to know. The spirit was so strong. Then we felt that we needed to ask him about the Holy Ghost. He explained that it comes after baptism, so he maybe hasn't felt it. We explained that it comes to stay after baptism, but can touch our hearts before. He just took that in. Honestly, it was incredible! The spirit really led the lesson, and he is incredible. I can really see the power that is in the Book of Mormon. It really is the word of God. And I am learning more and more each day the reason for the Restoration. One line stood out to me in Preach my Gospel or a pamphlet, that said something to the effect that Prophets and the power of God must be here on the earth to receive and to UNDERSTAND the words of God. I can see how many religions there are, and that is evidence enough that the Bible can be interpreted many ways. Things here and there can be confusing, and misunderstood, and sometimes we rely on our own knowledge to put the pieces together, but as I am seeing the true fullness of the restored gospel every day and how it does have the missing pieces, I am so thankful for it. I am so thankful for those prophets that do receive the revelation, and guide us to understand, and I am so thankful for the Holy Ghost that can touch our hearts and tell us that it is from God. We are so blessed in this time to have a prophet and the restored gospel, but also the way to know that it is true- the Holy Ghost. Anyway, that is my story, and that was one of my deeper realizations this fine week. So, take the challenge- see if it is true. Read the Book of Mormon with real intent, and ask God with faith in Christ if it is true. Then let the spirit touch your heart- then you can truly know that the Lord has a prophet here, today to help us understand, and that Christ's Gospel is restored. God has a path for us, and he has given us tools to walk down it! Simple, basic gospel truths, but they really are true! They were lost, and now they are found! And the Book of Mormon is the key to it all!
Sorry for the different text. Good Luck with school everyone. I hope that it all goes well. Have a great start of summer, and I will talk to you next week during your summer break!
Love ya,
Hermana Gamett
P.S. Saw this really cool water snake in the river this week. I hope you like that Lafe. It was really cool. I didn't dare pick it up, but man did I want to. :)
Hermana Heather Gamett
2308 Hikes Lane Apt. G-52
Louisville, KY 40218
2308 Hikes Lane Apt. G-52
Louisville, KY 40218
No comments:
Post a Comment