Friday, May 22, 2015

Week 45 - May 11, 2015 - Louisville, Kentucky

 

I saw my family yesterday, but here is a weekly update.  This last week we had our exchanges.  I headed up to Shelbyville, Indiana, for only the second time in my mission.  That was really amazing!  We taught a lady in English.  Wow- did my world flip upside down.  I was a horrible teacher in English.  Yep!  We also talked to a lot of amazing people there.  I really got to talk with one of the Sister Training Leader's and she really helped me out with some things.  It is odd.  She is one of the oldest and only 2 transfers ahead of me.  Let's just say that was a little bit of an eye opener.  It was good to leave my area for a day, so that I could really look at it with fresh eyes, and see what was required of us.   We headed home and all was well.  We went back to work on Thursday.  We talked to quite a few people.  It was a regular week of teaching and finding.  We talked to this really cool guy from Iraq that really had a knowledge of Christianity.  He said that he really found Jesus 10 years ago  ( I think while he was living in Baghdad)  and he said after that he was like us, out in the streets teaching about Him.  Pretty cool guy.  Told us to keep looking, and gave us pointers on some things.  He said that we have to really teach people that Christ comes again, and that He lives.  What an amazing guy!  He asked us why we didn't wear the cross, and he asked about our prophets, and what happens when one dies.  We had to explain a few times that we listen to the spirit to know the truth, but he really was an amazing guy.  So, that was pretty cool.  
 
We also talked to this family who is from Owensboro.  That is extremely exciting! Another guy pulled up, and started talking to us.  He said that he was going to go home and grab his bike and come out riding with us.  He said that we were doing some of the tougher work.  He was a pretty cool guy.  I was glad that I got to meet him.  
 
So, who knows which days were which, but Saturday, we rode bikes all day.  I got a sun/tan line on my feet and a really interesting sunburn on my arms.  Kentucky is changing me!  It certainly is a little different here.  The sun doesn't pelt your skin like it does in Idaho.  You just feel warm, and then you realize that you are burned.  Anyway, that night we went to help the branch with the mother's day party. It was pretty fun!  I am a pro- party- setter- upper now.  I am also I pro- tortilla flipper.  It was super great!  

 Then, Sunday, we got up and did some studies and went to go find some people to get them to church.  They went to church- and loved everything there!  Then I headed to say hello to my amazing family! --  Who were really hard to say good-bye to.  Love you all!  It also helped me realize that I still have so much work here to do.  I am still not where I need to be.  Good thing I still have a while!

Well, I hope that you are all doing well, and that you are enjoying your lovely spring in Idaho.  I hope that Galieth and Meadow are behaving, and that everyone will have a fantastic week!

Love you all,

Hermana Gamett    

P.S.  I keep forgetting to ask you all- do I have an accent of any sort?  At least, in Spanish? - is there something different or do I sound like a totally want-to-be Spanish Speaker? 

Here are some pictures of our trip to Elizabeth Town.  I keep forgetting to tell Dad that I am in the Hell Shaking zone.  Anyway, there ya go!  I didn't realize that I was doing this, but I guess that I take pictures of the hills.  Guess I maybe do miss the mountains.  Anyway, that is about as close as I get unless I am by the skyscrapers in Louisville.


O ya!  And I totally saw some Amish people.  It was really cool!
 




CURRENT ADDRESS:
Hermana Heather Gamett
2308 Hikes Lane Apt. G-52
Louisville, KY 40218


 

No comments:

Post a Comment