Green, anyone!
I had no idea that flowers really
grew on trees! I had no idea that to some people a mountain is the size
of 2 piles of gravel, and I had no idea how beautiful Kentucky really is.
I have been in this area for 5 transfers. That means that I have been here
for almost 6 months now. I know that it is hard for people in Idaho to
understand this, but that means that I have seen 3 seasons here. Yep! Absolutely beautiful! I loved the fall. The trees can turn some really
amazing colors. I enjoyed walking through the snow in the lovely months
of the winter. Now, I am seeing colors on trees that I didn't know
existed on trees - pink, purple, white, red. I am not just talking a
little bit or your classic apple tree. I am talking covered in
flowers - like what comes before the leaves- kind of covered. It is
amazing. I also didn't know that for some trees it only lasts 3
days. That was a little bit sad!
We sure are enjoying it, though.
Anyway, it is getting worse!
Not only are the weeks going together, but the days are starting to run
together, too! It isn't even, "Was that Monday or Tuesday?!" Now it is, "Was that today or yesterday?" Ay ay ay ( with a cuban accent) where has my
mission gone? It occurred to me the other day that I would probably need
to find somewhere to skype my family for the last time. What? The last
time?! Honestly, I thought that I would be so much better by now!
Anyway, last week we heard this
beautiful voice singing upstairs, and went to talk to her. She is an
amazing woman with the 2 cutest little twin boys. She is amazing!
We also were able to talk to some other amazing people this week.
We had this really amazing zone
meeting this week on many things. The Book of Mormon, talking with
everyone, and Preach my Gospel- and how it is made for our personal
conversion. I really liked all that they said. In a devotion that
we watched in the MTC, President Holland said that we must be our first
converts. I believe that 100% because once you know it, you want to share
it. However, it was a good reminder that Preach My Gospel is to help us
convert ourselves. And man, is that true! I had no idea how many
principles that had so much more depth than I thought. Well, I am really
working through PMG (Preach My Gospel)! I also have been thinking about all of the amazing
missionaries in the world. I really want to shadow them - follow
them around for a day. I honestly have no idea what I am doing at
times. What is ok, what is not ok! Oh, man! There are so many
questions! Man, what would I give to shadow Ammon, Alma and Amulek, Nephi,
and Lehi - all the people in the Book of Mormon. I guess that is why we
have that guide- to read it and learn of their ways! They were amazing! I
wish that I could be as amazing as they are!
It has been a busy week in
Louisville. Derby is next week, and we are pretty excited! Every year they have a firework show called Thunder over Louisville- the rumor
is that it is the biggest firework show in the nation. We didn't go, but
from what I hear it was really great! It was put on TV, so you all should
look it up!
Life is good. I am learning! I
went a whole week without Oreos. That was enough!
Love you all,
Hermana Gamett
Happy Birthday, Siri and Uncle Doug!
CURRENT ADDRESS:
Hermana Heather Gamett
2308 Hikes Lane Apt. G-52
Louisville, KY 40218
2308 Hikes Lane Apt. G-52
Louisville, KY 40218
No comments:
Post a Comment