Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Week 38 - March 23, 2015 - Louisville, Kentucky

Dear Home,
 
Well this week is my half way mark, and if you asked me what I think, I would reply that I thought I would be a way better  missionary by now, but, Hey!  It is all good.  Life is all about learning and growing and becoming.  I guess that is what our missions are all about.  When I decided to serve a mission, I decided to sign my life over to the Lord, and have Him make of me what he needed or wanted. ( Mosiah 23:10)  I also came on my mission to learn who I was, and to become certain of the person that I should be striving to become.  So, why I complain when things get hard... I don't know.  You would think by now I would figure that all out, but Nope -  still learning. 
 
So, what trials have I faced?  What have I learned!  Well, let me tell ya!  There is not enough room for me to write it all, and quite honestly, I am still finding out what I have learned from the experiences in the past.  Somehow, our marvelous brains are programed to change even if we don't know it.  Anyway, I can certainly share a few small, but huge things in my life - things that I have learned.
 
1.  If you know you who are and what you believe, if you have a testimony of what you teach, you can't be shaken.
 
2. If you seek to understand before seeking to be understood, you will come to understand that most people are really misunderstood.  A lot of people are on the same ground and want the same things, but they do not use the same words.
 
3.The trials that you think you will be getting- like door slams, and being informed of things that will happen to you after this life because of what you do, really don't have too much of an effect on you, but the trials that you don't think you will have, will totally take you off guard.
 
4.  I have learned that I like things to go right. I like to be prepared, and I like to think through everything.  I have also learned that sometimes, that is not how things go, and I have to get over being nervous, anxious, or frustrated when it doesn't go right.  What it really comes down to, is that I can't always be in control.
 
5. The trials in our lives, before or after, are not usually just for one instance, but for many. 
 
6. There is usually not room for justifications and explanations.  If you know something is right-don't change it! 
 
7.  The days of your mission go by like weeks, and the weeks go by like days. 
 
8.Account to the Lord everyday.  Ask Him what he expects of you and what you wants you to do every morning.  He brings the true happiness.
 
9.The Lord can make more of you than you can!- So trust Him.
 
I am so thankful for the things that I have learned on my mission.  I am so thankful for the trials that I have gone through, and I hope that I am learning what the Lord wants me to learn.  This email was written so well in my head, but on paper it really isn't very good.  Sorry!
 
I love you all so so much, and I hope that you all have a wonderful week!
Hermana Gamett

Happy Birthday, Mindy!!!

CURRENT ADDRESS:
Hermana Heather Gamett
2308 Hikes Lane Apt. G-52
Louisville, KY 40218

No comments:

Post a Comment