Thursday, November 5, 2015

Week 66 - October 5, 2015 - Evansville, Indiana

Dear Family,

This week was a fabulous week.  We learned a lot and had a great week.  Monday was a normal P-day.  Tuesday we got up at 5:30am and headed out the door.  We went to load Grandma's van for transfers.  We were going to pick up a sister and take her with us for the day.  Go Spanish!  She was with us for the day.  We worked the rest of the week, and had an amazing conference experience.

We also met Maggy.  She is amazing!  She came to English class and helped us teach it, too.  We watched nearly all of conference in Spanish.  Someone was there for nearly all of the sessions, but one, and we were super happy.  However, our brains were fried.  It all went well, but there are some talks I will need to review.  I had so many questions that were answered, and so many things solved.  There was so much that we learned!

 This week, I have really been trying to focus on my mission; really trying to recognize and apply the things that I have learned.  It was incredible to see all the topics that they covered.  They really hit some of the amazing points that I needed to hear.

One topic, in particular, that really stood out to me was charity and love.  Another is doing the will of the Lord.  There is so much that I have learned, and so much that I had no idea that I had learned.  I love my mission so much.  I never want to leave it.  I have learned how to love people, how to trust the Lord, and how to be happy.  I have truly learned how to be happy.  Slowly, the Lord is putting back in my path trials and things that are testing my ability to continue on my own down that road.  He is allowing me to literally choose what choices I will make.  There are constant temptations to go back to the way that I thought before.  There are constant things tempting me to regress, but that is not the point nor the plan.  It has been interesting.  Anyway, conference reminded me that we must continue forward, and work hard to choose what we can become.

Anyway, I love you all a ton, and I hope that you all have a great week.

Happy Birthday, Kali!

Love ya!
Hermana Gamett

CURRENT ADDRESS:
3240 East Tamarack Court #607
Evansville, IN 47715






No comments:

Post a Comment