Thursday, November 12, 2015

Week 70 - November 2, 2015 - Evansville, Indiana

Dear family, 

I love you all a ton, and I hope that you have had a great week.  This week has been a great week!  We were pretty busy.  Not as busy as the week before, but still busy.  The fall is here, and I brought out my coat!  I sure do love it!   We were able to do a lot this week.  We were able to get a lot done.

A few amazing things that I learned this week, or was reminded of:

1.  My mission president is inspired!  Sometimes things happen that we don't understand or we don't like, but ultimately, if we allow God to do His will and we submit to it, He will direct us for good.  A great example of that was my 2 amazing transfers with Hermana Magalei.  She is incredible, but in the beginning nobody thought that it would work.  Now we are closer than ever, and she has done more for me than I can possible express.  She takes care of me!

2.  You have to be yourself.  Every situation that you are put in is a test of character.  It is a test, or rather an opportunity, to understand yourself better; get just one step closer to that person that you want to be.  You have to decide, but you can know by how you feel.  I am learning every day with every companion that it is the best thing to be yourself.  You should never change for the worse or for them, only for God.  That is the beauty of the gospel.  There are so many different people, so many different circumstances, but in the end the whole purpose is to reach that divine potential.  There is so much beauty in that!  I get to see that in people here, companions, and myself.  This gospel is meant to build us up, and help us get closer to God.  We have the steps.  We only have to act.  

3.  Members are amazing!  They do so much good.  Everyone is always willing to help and share their talents.  And there are many!  There have been so many members that have taught me so much on my mission and showed me a new perspective.  The Salorios and another amazing member have done so much this week, and I will always be so grateful for them!  I look to all the families here, and what they do.  Although they have no idea the impact that they have on us, their example is huge, and many of them have helped shape my decisions, and thus the rest of my life!

4.  For some reason, the Lord has kept leading me to study charity, and the Holy Ghost.  I am only now starting to really understand this.  It is incredible to see the different ways that it is playing into my mission.  I am learning a ton, and am starting to see the basic principles at a new level.  I don't have time to explain, but let's just say that the Spirit is key to so much, and that by having the spirit, we can see others how God does, and then we can love them more like He does.  Then the spirit can help us guide them to Christ and use His Atonement to fulfill the plan that God has for them.  He really does have an amazing plan for all of His children!

Anyway, there is some randomly written stuff!

Also, this week we were able to help at the soup kitchen, paint a bathroom really, really lime green, teach English Class, and go to Washington.  We left a note on the giant orange leaves here.  We also had a study blitz.  I love my mission so much, and can't wait to see what this week brings!

Love you all, 
Hermana Gamett

CURRENT ADDRESS:
3240 East Tamarack Court #607
Evansville, Indiana 47715

No comments:

Post a Comment