Thursday, November 5, 2015

Week 67 - October 12, 2015 - Evansville, Indiana





Hello Hello!

First off, I would like to apologize for the sad emails, and the lack of one.  I couldn't find my letter to send it.  So, we will see what I can do to make up for it. 

This week was crazy; the good kind of crazy!  We had so much going on and so many miracles!
I honestly have so much to say, and it seems to be a constant battle of  -Do I share stories in detail? - or -Do I give you the amount of stories?  It's a constant battle of quality versus quantity.  So I will try to give enough details to you.  

So this week started out all right.  We taught a 7th day Adventist preacher.  That was fun.  This was the second lesson, and the second time that we have had to be pretty bold.  They are definitely rough lessons, but very interesting.  So, there is that.  The thing that was incredible was that we were not willing to Bible bash, and we just testified, and the spirit testified.  That was a struggle, but life ended up being good.

This week we also had a women's conference for all the sister missionaries in Louisville., It was so much fun.  We got up early and headed over there.  A whole fun filled day.  Let's just say it was totally a room full of girls.  I think the APs were a little more nervous for this training than for some of the others that they had given.  They did a great job, though.  Everything was super fun.  Hermana Bown and I were in the fashion show of do's and don'ts.  I was a do!  Anyway, that was a super fun-filled day followed by pizza at the famous, Sister Andrades.

The next day we helped Sister Coomes clear out her garden.  I can't tell you how great it was to be out with a shovel working in the sun.  For some reason, people don't think that you can do anything in a skirt.  Anyway, that was wonderful.

Lessons canceled-planning-driving-dr. appointments-coordination.  More fun!  Evansville has a huge festival called Fall Festival.  The ward/stake has a booth there to raise money for events so they asked us to help out for a little while.  We walked through that carnival festival thing in our skirts, and super out of place.  I couldn't help but smile so big as we Oh-So-Lovely walked there.  Confidence!  Let's just say after working and eating something, we were out of there as fast as we could.  Esteban nicely walked us missionary girls covered in flour to our car.

More adventures the rest of the week:  We had English class on Friday, and taught about families.  Party!  So, since we speak the lovely language of Spanglish, nobody understands us.  So we were walking up the stairs and my companion and I were speaking in Spanish.  Pretty soon we heard an, "Excuse me" from upstairs.  A girl walked down the stairs and said, in Spanish, "Are you from Chile?"  Yes.  Sure thing!  Anyway, she was from Columbia and heard our Spanish.  Apparently, my accent was good enough to qualify as native.  YES!  She was great!  So lesson learned. People are always listening, so always say nice things (we were talking about corn.)  

We were able to go to Louisville this week with Maggy.  She is the best.  She is one of Esteban's friends.  She is amazing, and one of my best friends here!  We had such a fun time.  We watched the Joseph Smith video and Esteban testified.  It really touched her!  I love these people!

Hopefully, more later.  Amazing lessons this week, great studies, and lots of things going on.

Love ya,
Hermana Gamett









No comments:

Post a Comment