This week has been a great week! We are learning a lot, and I can just say that God has an amazing and interesting plan for each and every one of us. Transfer calls were Saturday, and we both felt that something was going to change, but we were not sure what. Throughout the day, we waited, but then we gave up, and just kept going. At 9:15 we got a phone call informing us that we were going to have a 3rd companion! And she is great! She started her mission here, and then I served really closely with her in Hikes! We have a blast! It has been quite the adventure getting her a bed, and fitting our lifestyles all together! She has lots of chocolate so... it works out well! It is just the change that we needed, and it is great!
My whole mission I have been learning about charity. I have been learning about love and caring about all of these amazing people. I came out on my mission to be able to share what I have received with God's children, and I had no idea how much it would really impact me. I had no idea how much love I would develop for those here!
Of course, it all started in Owensboro, and I had the opportunity to see some of those people this week! Incredibly, they remembered me. I was only there for 3 months, but they changed my life! I think about all the people that still mean so much to me there, and how much I care about them! I then think about all of the people there that I loved so much. How many times my heart was broken. How many tears I shed for those amazing people. How many connections that I have tried so hard to keep. I love them so much!
I am catching a new aspect of Charity here. As usual, I am trying to pray for charity! I am starting to see how much people mean to God. I read a quote that said something along the lines of "Through the Holy Ghost you can see others as God does". I am starting to learn all of that! Everyone has potential. Everyone desires to be loved. Everyone has different talents and abilities, and who are we to say that they are not good enough. I have had so many missionaries, companions, investigators, and members who have had rough pasts, hard trials, or things that they are struggling with, too. Why should I make any judgement unless it is in a way that I can help them? Why should I ever say or do anything that would not lift them up? That is seeing others through God's eyes; Seeing their potential and helping them reach it! I love these people so much! That has been one of the greatest lessons that I have ever learned!
So, the past two weeks, church has been on not judging.
We had an interesting lady try to read our palms-shut that one down fast!
We had an incredible lesson with Esteban and Maggy! We had the confirmation of Carmelo and Carlos, and their Mom wants to be taught and get baptized. This area is seeing miracles!
Love you all a ton,
Hermana Gamett
Congratulations on your baptism, Justin!
CURRENT ADDRESS:
3240 East Tamarack Court #607
Evansville, Indiana 47715
No comments:
Post a Comment